Venus is still hanging out low in the southwestern sky for all of December. Near its greatest brightness, Venus is hard to miss, even as it gets lower in the sky. Here’s a chart from the Sky and Telescope web site showing Venus. The moon was nearby earlier this week, but has moved on now……See the Sky and Telescope ‘This week’s sky at a glance for updated charts and more great sights in the sky.
Where to look for Saturn in the sky…
Saturn is too close to the sun to be seen, unless you go to the SOHO solar observatory C3 camera! The brightest object is Venus. Saturn is moving in from the left.
If you have questions, leave a comment!
- Crescent Moon with Earthshine; with Jupiter December 15, 2017
- Moon and Jupiter December 13, 2017
- Meteors this week – and their mama December 12, 2017
- Attempts at snow storms come sliding down the chimney. December 11, 2017
- Snow trap to be sprung December 8, 2017
- Snow for NYC on Saturday? Beware of lurking cold fronts December 7, 2017
- Early morning sights December 7, 2017