Peak gust to 48mph at HPN, Westchester County airport in our county.
Wind is roaring in strongest gusts.
Rain most of the time now.
Barometer falling rapidly.
Forecast for Newark Aiport, near NYC
KEWR 291436Z 2915/3018 02029G42KT 4SM -RA OVC015
FM291800 03034G50KT 2SM +RA OVC007
FM300000 08040G60KT 2SM +RA OVC007
FM300200 13045G65KT 3SM SHRA OVC008
FM300600 15038G60KT 4SM -SHRA OVC015
FM301100 16032G50KT 6SM -SHRA BKN035
FM301700 16028G42KT P6SM BKN050
Where to look for Saturn in the sky…
Saturn is rising about sunset – low in the southeast – following Jupiter and ahead of ruddy Mars, both of which are brighter than Saturn. Saturn can be seen without a telescope, it’s about as bright as most of the brightest stars. It will look oblong in binoculars and show that it has rings in spotting scopes and telescopes of 30 power or more.
If you have questions, leave a comment!
- Weather, air quality and astronomy today July 16, 2018
- Sort of a ‘Supermoon’ to bring high tides July 11, 2018
- Five Bright Planets Tonight July 9, 2018
- How to find air quality information July 9, 2018
- Heads UP! for July 2018 July 2, 2018
- Northeast USA has extended heat, humidity and ozone violations July 2, 2018
- Extended Heat Wave for the Eastern United States June 30, 2018