David Scott commanded the Apollo 15, the 7th mission to the moon and the 4th mission to land. They landed near the canyon named Hadley Rille.
The Apollo 15 mission was the first extended science mission and first to use an electric lunar car for the astronauts to ride. Brown University is awarding Commander Scott with an honorary doctorate for his work with students on lunar geology.
Where to look for Saturn in the sky…
Saturn is too close to the sun to be seen, unless you go to the SOHO solar observatory C3 camera! The brightest object is Venus. Saturn is moving in from the left.
If you have questions, leave a comment!
- Crescent Moon with Earthshine; with Jupiter December 15, 2017
- Moon and Jupiter December 13, 2017
- Meteors this week – and their mama December 12, 2017
- Attempts at snow storms come sliding down the chimney. December 11, 2017
- Snow trap to be sprung December 8, 2017
- Snow for NYC on Saturday? Beware of lurking cold fronts December 7, 2017
- Early morning sights December 7, 2017