David Scott commanded the Apollo 15, the 7th mission to the moon and the 4th mission to land. They landed near the canyon named Hadley Rille.
The Apollo 15 mission was the first extended science mission and first to use an electric lunar car for the astronauts to ride. Brown University is awarding Commander Scott with an honorary doctorate for his work with students on lunar geology.
Where to look for Saturn in the sky…
Saturn is low in the southern sky, rising about 9:30pm local daylight time, highest in the south after local midnight.
If you have questions, leave a comment!
- Watch out for Severe Weather for the northeast USA Monday, June 19th. June 18, 2017
- Looking for Saturn? June 14, 2017
- Clearer skies for Thursday night, June 1st May 31, 2017
- Venus low in the west right after sunset. March 19, 2017
- Well, we got a lot of something. March 14, 2017
- A moment for some things your Representative in Congress is considering March 12, 2017
- A whole lot of something coming our way! – Updated with links from weather discussions March 12, 2017